
This is Kayla's fish who she has decided to name Nemo for the time being. I'll let you know if that changes.

Then there's Kyle's fish who he has decided to call "Swimmy" and Nathan has decided to call his "Snowcone".

Swimmy is on the left and Snowcone is on the right

Last night after discussing what kind of pet to begin with and deciding on goldfish, then Kayla said something that I thought was so cute. I told Robert after the kids were in bed that this is so much like what a girl would do.
You could see the lightbulb over Kayla's head and she turned to me and said...."But what will we do with the fish when we're gone away from home on a trip?" I said "I don't know, I guess we'll have to find something to do with them". Kayla then said that we could just get granny to come take care of them while we're gone. She would love to do that. So I guess you've been volunteered granny. We'll let you know when we're heading out of town. :)
I just thought that was so like a girl. Always thinking ahead. Even at the tender age of 6 years old she instantly thought about what would happen if we left home. I find it hard to believe that a boy would ever think of something like that. Just another one of those differences between boys and girls.
3 comments:
We went to the 24th of July festivities at the Church and ended up with three fish too. That was Thursday and it's Monday and they are still swimmin'. We even went out of town overnight and they were STILL alive when we got home. Dangit. With them being touched and shocked when the kids changed the water I'm surprise they are still around. We'll see how much longer...maybe we should have a contest...
Uh Oh! One down...two to go.
No one bit the dust last night. We're still in it to win it.
Post a Comment