Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tough week

A tough week or maybe actually two and a half weeks. I'm tired of being sick and still trying to function at warp speed like nothing's wrong. Today was my grinding to a hault day. Last Tuesday I finally gave up and went to the doctor for a sore throat and chest congestion. He gave me some antibiotics and I started them on Tuesday. Then on Friday I went with Nathan's 3rd grade class to the science center downtown and had a group of 4 kids with me. Half way through it one of the girls in my group passes out on the floor and after I get her up then she proceeds to vomit right there in the lobby. Everyone staring at me but no one offering to get any help. I finally had to ask someone to please find someone who works there to help us and someone else to find the teacher. It's a 4 story building so it took a while to find the teacher. Got that situation under controll but at the same time I was developing a rather painful sore in my mouth. Thought it was a canker sore but in a weird spot that's almost at the back of my throat. Delt with the pain from friday until today and now I've broken out in HIVES. Yes HIVES. They're so wonderful. So I've got a call in to my Dr's Office to see what the next plan of action will be. I took a Benadryl for the Hives so I expect to pass out any minute now. I'm a real softee when it comes to Benadryl. However, I've got to pull it together as I have my photography class this afternoon and have an assignment due. What else.......oh yeah, Today is Robert's Birthday and I have Ward Council this evening with the Stake Presidency because it's Ward Conference next Sunday. I don't think that's going to happen tonight. I think I will just stay at home with my wonderful Husband and celebrate his birthday with him. That's if he can stand my scratching.

4 comments:

Our Family said...

You poor thing. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out. We've had the flu at our house, but not our kids, just my niece and nephew. They hurled while I was tending them. Fun. Wish Robert and Happy Birthday. I didn't realize our Birthday's were so close to each others. But he IS older...At least that's one person. And at least I'm not Brady.

Jacie said...

We love Benadryl at our house. It cures everything... and our Pharmacist recommends it:)

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear about all the crud your going through. Hope your doing better today!

Deborah Wellard said...

Jill,
I got an e-mail from Wendy to look at her blog, which had a link to look at your blog, so I hope you don't mind. It was really FUN getting updated on your life! I would sure love to hear from you. I don't have a blog started yet, but I need to, so just e-mail me at dtwellard@hotmail.com so I can send you our Christmas letter and pictures. Sure hope you feel better soon!!

Deborah (Busby) Wellard