Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Taking advantage of every moment

Yes....we took advantage of every possible moment of Fall Break. The kids got out of school at 12:30 on Friday and we were out of here by 1:30 on our way to Disneyland. We decided to start this time at Disneyland and work our way down to San Diego. We arrived at Disneyland on Friday evening and got a good night sleep so we could hit Disneyland first thing Saturday morning. It was a bit crowded though...we weren't thinking of it being the weekend and then a holiday weekend on top of it. Oh well....we just joined in with everyone else. It really helped that we had been there 2 years ago and learned how the "fast pass" system worked. So this time we were really on top of things. In fact the 2nd day we hit the jackpot. For some reason when we went through the gates at California Adventure the computer system didn't scan our tickets correctly. We didn't know that though until we went to get out first set of fast passes. The dispenser gave us voided tickets and said that our park tickets hadn't been scanned into the system. So we went up to customer service and explained the problem. They were puzzeled why the tickets hadn't scanned, but gave us an all day fast pass card for each of us. So that was 5 all day fast passes. At lunch we left the park and went to get something to eat. When we returned to the park we scanned our park tickets again. Then when we went to get fast passes, we could actually get 10 at a time. JACKPOT. That made it so much fun for the older boys and Robert to ride California Screamin' over and over and over and over again. They rode that thing like 10 times between the 2 days we spent in California Adventure. So Kayla and I spent a lot of time on the Merry go round. That's all I can handle, I'm a wimp. Oh well....



















On Monday we left Disneyland around 3:00 in the afternoon and went to get something to eat and then we headed to Oceanside where our condo was. About 1/2 way to Oceanside I turned around to check on the kidos and this is what I found. Robert and I laughed and laughed. The boys were zonked out and Kayla was just bright eyed watching Little Mermaid. She didn't sleep at all. I guess we can see who is the strongest in our family.

I couldn't resist. I had to take pictures of them.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you guy did hit the jackpot, that is awesome. Dalynn loved California Screamin' she said it is the best ride EVER!

Our Family said...

How totally fun! Can I be one of your kids next year?