Monday, November 12, 2007
A New Job
Okay, sometimes I think that I don't live a very interesting life. Maybe i'm just not that great at blogging about what's going on daily or even weekly. About a week and a half ago I was taking something to Kyle at school and happened to walk through the office at what appears to be the right time. They asked me if I would be interested in a substitute aide posititon that would be temporary for the next 6 weeks, until Christmas break. I wasn't sure. I came home and thought about it and the Principal of the school called to talk to me. He said it was a 6 hour position working one on one with a boy in the 4th grade. He is mildly handicapped and just needs assitance modifying his work. I told him I wasn't interested in working all day and he said that I could pick my hours that I was willing to work. So I will start my "new job" tomorrow working from 9:00 - 12:00 Monday thru Friday. I only work with the boy for 1 hour and the rest of the time is just doing what they need done in the office. I think it will work out great. The aide I'm substituting for is on maternity leave until after Christmas Break. I went in and "shadowed" her all last week to see what it was like. The boy is supper sweet. He is just so kind and great to work with. I think it will be a lot of fun. So my days are gearing up for a change. I will also be able to see both Kayla and Nathan in the lunchroom and at recess because I will be on lunch and recess duty. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and finally being one on one with Jake....that's his name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You'll do such a great job. It's always being at the right time at the right place when good things happen. Great to see a new blog.
Love,
Wendy
Jill-I bet you're going to love it! Three hours a day is perfect.
Post a Comment